Health Benefits Of Dhanwantharam Kashayam
Any Information you see will be valuable to someone today. Please share and Stay Connected.
Dhanwantharam Kashayam is an ayurvedic medicine mainly used for diseases of the nervous system. It provides strength to the body. Due to the presence of Vata pacifying herbs, it helps to relieve Vata disorders like numbness, pain and swelling, rheumatic disorders, diseases of the uterus, spondylosis, and also treats hernia. This medicine is effective for the reproductive system in women. It is very useful in Urinary disorders, postNatal care, Neurological disorders, etc. Dhanwantharam Kashayam is very useful in arthritis conditions, and also best in cases of fever and indigestion. It also gives strength to the muscles and nerve system. Dhanwantharam Kashayam works as a wonderful uterine tonic.
The medicinal properties of Dhanwanthara Kashayam include:
- Nervine Tonic.
- Anti-rheumatic or Anti-arthritic.
- Alternative - tending to restore health.
- Uterine tonic.
The medicinal properties present in the Dhanwantharam Kashayam helps to relieve most of the diseases connected with nerves. The properties are Nervine Tonic, Neuroprotective, Anti-paralytic, Antirheumatic, Analgesic, carminative, Antispasmodic, Adaptogenic, Antinociceptive, Antioxidant, Antiinflammatory and uterine tonic.
The ingredients present in this Ayurvedic formulation are:
- Bala (roots) - Sida Cordifolia.
- Yava (Barley Grain) - Hordeum Vulgare.
- Kulthi (Horse Gram) - Dolichos Biflorus.
- Bilva (Indian Bael) - Aegle Marmelos. .
- Agnimantha(Arani)-Premna serratifolia.
- Shyonaka- Oroxylum Indicum.
- Patala- Stereospermum Suaveolens.
- Gambhari (Beechwood/Kasmari)- Gmelina Arborea.
- Brihati (Indian Nightshade)- Solanum Indicum.
- Kantakari- Solanum Xanthocarpum.
- Shalaparni- Desmodium Gangeticum. .
- Prishnaparni- Uraria Picta.
- Gokshura- Tribulus Terrestris.
- Meda- Polygonatum Cirrhifolium.
- Mahameda- Polygonatum Verticillatum. .
- Devdaru (Deodar Cedar or Himalayan Cedar)- Cedrus Deodara.
- Manjistha- Rubia Cordifolia.
- Kakoli- Fritillaria Roylei. .
- Ksheera Kakoli -Lilium Polyphyllum. .
- Lal Chandan (Red Sandalwood) - Pterocarpus Santalinus.
- Sariva- Hemidesmus Indicus.
- Kushta (Indian Costus Root) - Saussurea Lappa. .
- Tagara-Vaieriana wallichii.
- Jeevak- Microstylis Wallichii. .
- Rishabhaka- Microstylis Musifera.
- Rock salt-Sendha Namak.
- Kalidudhi (Black Creeper)- Ichnocarpus Frutescens.
- Shaileyam- Parmelia Perlata.
- Vacha(sweet flag)Acorus calamus. .
- Agaru-Aquilaria Agallocha.
- Punarnava- Boerhavia Diffusa.
- Ashwagandha-Withania Somnifera. .
- Shatavari- Asparagus Racemosus. .
- Ksheera Shukla- Fritillaria Roylei.
- Mulethi (Yashtimadhu)-Glycyrrhiza Glabra.
- Haritaki- Terminalia Chebula. .
- Bibhitaki- Terminalia Bellirica.
- Amla- Emblica Officinalis.
- Soya (Dill)- Anethum Graveolens.
- Mudgaparni- Phaseolus Trilobus. .
- Mashaparni- Teramnus Labialis.
- Elaichi (Cardamom) - Elettaria Cardamomum.
- Dalchini (Cinnamon) - Cinnamomum Zeylanicum.
- Tejpata (Indian Bay Leaf)- Cinnamomum Tamala.
Dhanwantharam Kashayam is an ayurvedic medicine mainly used for diseases of the nervous system. Some of the health benefits of this Ayurvedic formulation are explained below:
- Treats Gastric Problems
Dhanwanthara Kashayam is an effective remedy to treat gastric problems. Gastritis may develop due to the inflammation of the intestinal lines which leads to burning sensations and abdominal pain. The herbs present in Dhanwantharam Kashayam helps to protect the stomach wall from strong acids.
- Treats indigestion
The presence of the carminative property in this helps to manage indigestion effectively. The undigested foods cause the formation of amas and indigestion. The Kashaya helps to expel ama( toxins) from the body and improves digestion naturally.
- Treats Vata disorders
Due to the presence of Vata pacifying herbs in Dhanwantharam Kashayam helps to relieve Vata disorders and improves strength. So it is also given to people suffering from rheumatic disorders, spondylosis, uterine diseases, and hernia.
- Treats Nerve System
The main use of Dhanwanthara Kashayam is that it treats the nerve system. The presence of nervine, neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of this Kashayam treats diseases affecting the nerves, muscles, bones, and joints.
- Acts as a uterine tonic
Uterine tonics are women's herbs for female reproductive health. So it is also used as a uterine tonic during the postnatal period and is effective for the reproductive system in women.
- Treats Paralysis of any body part
Paralysis can occur in any part of the body and often affects areas such as the face, hands, feet, or vocal cords. Due to the presence of neuroprotective properties in Dhanwantharam Kashayam acts effectively on the body part and provides strength to the body.
- Treats Hernia
Hernia occurs when there is a weakness or hole in the peritoneum (muscular wall). The anti-inflammatory and soothing properties in Dhanwantharam Kashayam acts as a natural pain reliever and reduces the symptoms related to hernia. Thus the patient gets great relief.
- Treats Hemiplegia
It is the condition in which the body becomes total or partial paralysis of one side of the body. The medicinal properties in this Ayurvedic formulation treat Hemiplegia effectively.
- Treats Fever
It is an effective remedy for fever. This medicine is also useful in flatulence, mental disorders, and urinary obstructions (Mutraghata). The strong antioxidant activities in the Dhanwantharam Kashayam wipe out free radicals in the body.
- Cures Muscle atrophy
Muscle atrophy is the wasting (thinning) or loss of muscle tissue. Muscle atrophy caused by a nerve problem is called neurogenic atrophy. Dhanwanthara Kashayam is the best medicine to cure Muscle Atrophy. It acts as a nerve tonic. The presence of the Neuroprotective properties in this kashaya provides strength to the muscles and thus overall body health.
As per Ayurveda Dhanwantharam Kashayam is useful for all types of Vata Disorders. Most of these diseases are related to the nervous system and musculoskeletal system. The other health benefits of Dhanwantharam Kashayam are it treats gastric problems, indigestion, nerve disorders, acts as a uterine tonic, treats hernia, Paralysis of any body part, Hemiplegia, fever and cures Muscle atrophy.
Dhanwantharam Kashayam is available in three forms:
Dhanwantharam Kashayam Churna
- For children, give 15-30ml twice a day before food.
- For adults, Take 30-60 ml twice a day before food.
- The general dosage of Dhanwantharam Kashayam Liquid for children is 2.5-10ml. For Adults, the dosage is 5-15ml. It should be taken twice a day with 3 times boiled and cooled water before food. .
- The general dosage of Dhanwantharam Kashayam Tablets for children is 1- tablets twice a day with warm water 30 minutes before food.
- The general dosage of Dhanwantharam Kashayam Tablets for Adults is 2- tablets twice a day with warm water 30 minutes before food.
There are no side effects reported with Dhanwantharam Kashayam. However, you should consult an ayurvedic physician before using Dhanwantharam formulations during pregnancy and Lactation.
All the information regarding the health benefits of Dhanwantharam Kashayam was collected from relevant Ayurvedic resources. Kindly get the advice of your Ayurvedic practitioner before using this herbal formulation.