Health Benefits Of Bhringaraj
Any Information you see will be valuable to someone today. Please share and Stay Connected.
Bringaraj is a well-known Ayurvedic herb that has a lot of health benefits. In English, it is called False Daisy and its botanical is Eclipta Prostrata. It is also known with the name Eclipta Alba, which is a botanical synonym of Eclipta Prostrata. Bhringraj is also known as Kesharaj which means “Ruler of the hair”. It is rich in proteins, vitamins, and antioxidants which help protect the body against certain infections. The whole part of Bhringraj is used to prepare ayurvedic and herbal medicines. Bhringaraj is widely available in various forms like powder or Churna, juice or Kashayam, juice or Asava, oil or Tailam, But mostly it is used in the form of oil.
The most important usage of Bringaraj is in hair growth and liver disorders. It improves hair growth, prevents hair fall, and treats premature graying of hair. The presence of constituents in Bhringaraj increases the production of bile from the liver, improves liver functions, reduces constipation and corrects digestion, and enhances metabolism. It is an effective remedy for skin diseases, cough, asthma, eye disorders, and diseases related to any part of the head. It improves the complexion and glow of the skin and prevents several skin diseases. It is more beneficial in chronic skin diseases including pruritus, chronic wounds, skin ulcers, atopic dermatitis (eczema), etc. As per Ayurveda Bhringaraj reduces Kapha Dosha and pacifies Vata Dosha.
Bhringaraj is rich in medicinal properties like:
- Kesya (promotes hair growth).
- Varnya (improves skin complexion).
- Drishti Vardhak (increases eyesight).
- Hepatic stimulant.
- Digestive stimulant.
- Cholagogue (promotes the discharge of bile).
- Detoxifying (Ama Pachak).
- Mild anodyne.
- Mild Antihypertensive.
- Hematogenic (helps in the formation of red blood cells).
- Mild diuretic.
- Diaphoretic (induces perspiration).
- Mild febrifuge (alleviates fever by inducing perspiration).
Bhringraj is a widely used ayurvedic herb to treat different types of diseases. It can be used in different forms like powder or Churna, juice or Kashayam, juice or Asava, oil or Tailam. It has a lot of health benefits also. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Bhringraj is an excellent herb that can be used as a liver tonic to manage liver disorders like enlargement of the liver, fatty liver, and jaundice. It works by balancing Pitta and promoting bile flow. Due to its appetizer and digestive properties helps to improve metabolism.
- Bhringraj is a very effective remedy for conditions like indigestion, constipation, and loss of appetite. They deepen and Panchan. These properties help to improve digestive fire and help in the easy digestion of food.
- Bhringraj has anti-aging action and rejuvenates the body due to its Rasayana (rejuvenating) property.
- The Tikta, Deepana, and Panchan properties of Bhringraj helps to control high blood sugar levels. Bhringraj also has anti-fibrotic effects, which can help to prevent and treat hepatic fibrosis. The presence of triterpenoid content in Bhringaraj reduces the proliferation of hepatic stellate cells.
- The water extract of Bhringraj has anti-HCV activity. So Bhringraj is an effective treatment for Hepatitis C. It will also help to improve liver functions as well as reduce the progress of the disease.
- It is an effective remedy to treat Jaundice.
- Bhringraj is also an effective medicine for the prevention and treatment of hair fall. However, its external application also helps to prevent hair fall by strengthening hair roots.
- Bhringraj treats premature whitening of hair. The mixed proportion of both Bhringraj powder and Triphala powder is advised to take in the morning on empty stomach for treating premature whitening of hair. .
- Bhringraj is used along with other Ayurvedic medicines for treating chronic fever in which liver function impairs, or liver and spleen become enlarged. .
- Bhringraj is an effective remedy for cough. It also prevents mucus accumulation in the lungs and gives relief from a productive cough. .
- Bhringraj is a great blessing for asthma patients. .
- It helps in relieving cough, high-pitched wheezing, and chest congestion. .
- The Ayurvedic properties of Bhringraj cure heartburn and hyperacidity. It is an effective remedy for all types of Amlapitta. .
- Bhringraj is very beneficial for treating headaches and migraines. The internal use is that Bhringraj Juice is given in a dosage of 3 to 5 ml thrice daily for headache and migraine patients. It is also used as a nasal installation (Nasya) for treating migraines. .
- Bhringraj is used in the form of powder for improving eyesight and treating several eye disorders.
- The properties in Bhringraj prevent pregnancy loss. It is an effective remedy to prevent miscarriage and strengthen the uterus.
Bhringraj is a miraculous Ayurvedic herb used for curing various diseases like liver disorder, liver fibrosis, Hepatitis C, Jaundice, Hair Loss, Premature Whitening of Hair, Chronic Fever, Productive Cough, Asthma, Heartburn, Hyperacidity, Headache, Migraine, Recurrent Miscarriage, Eyesight, and Eye Disorder.
- Bhringraj Fresh Juice
Take 1-2 teaspoons of Bhringraj juice. Add some water to it and drink it before meals, once a day.
- Bhringraj Powder
Take a ¼-½ teaspoon of Bhringraj powder. Mix it with honey. Take it after eating light food twice a day.
- Bhringraj Capsule
Take 1-2 Bhringraj capsules. Swallow it with water after lunch. Take it twice a day.
- Bhringraj Tablet
Take 1-2 Bhringraj tablets. Swallow it with water after lunch. Take it twice a day.
Side Effects Of Bhringraj
Generally, no side effect occurs with the use of Bhringraj when it is used wisely under the prescriptions of an Ayurveda doctor. However high dosage can cause stomach problems due to its Ushna (hot) potency.
Precautions When Using Bhringraj
Use Bhringraj under the doctor’s supervision during Pregnancy and Breastfeeding.
The whole part of Bhringraj is used to prepare ayurvedic and herbal medicines. Bhringaraj is widely available in various forms like powder or Churna, juice or Kashayam, juice or Asava, oil or Tailam. There are no side effects associated with this medicine. Bhringraj powder along with carrier oil (like coconut oil) can also be used to manage skin infections and allergies due to its antimicrobial property.
- Guna(Main Quality)
The main Ayurvedic properties of Bhringraj are rasa, guna,virya, and vipaka.
The above-mentioned information related to Bhringraj is taken from different Ayurvedic books. Please consider the opinion of a qualified Ayurvedic doctor, before consuming this Ayurvedic formulation for various health problems.